This has been the case for exactly 2 months now. And now that we don't have a sink, we're even more limited - by the size of dishes that fit in the bathroom sink. For example, In the days we still had a sink, I discovered a fabulous recipe: melon tapioca soup (courtesy of the Vegetarian Times): you soak 1/4 cup of small tapioca pearls in 1 cup of water for about 45 minutes. Then you cook it with a can of coconut milk and 3 T of sugar for 5-10 minutes (until thick and pearls are translucent). Then you turn the heat off and add 1/2 cup of milk, stir well and let cool. Next, you blend a melon, and when the tapioca pudding is cooled enough, you add the liquefied melon and chill. It is SO refreshing and delicious! You have to try! Now, where can I wash my blender?? :(
So we are really motivated to finish up with the kitchen. Here's what we need to do next:
- close up the kitchen walls and plaster them (we can finally do that, now that the electrical wiring got inspected)
- paint the walls (either before or after installing the cabinets, or both)
- connect a new AC duct and a vent duct over the range (the latter will be connected to the microwave)
- remove floor tiles from areas where cabinets are to be installed
- install cabinets (I suspect this will take us a while!)
- call the countertop people to come and measure, so they can prepare out fabulous Corian countertops with integrated sink. It will take them about 10 days to prepare the countertop, and then we will FINALLY have a sink, and we could FINALLY unpack all of our kitchen equipment and all the raw materials, and FINALLY we could eat some real food.
- in the meantime, we will need to install new floor tile in places where there used to be cabinets but there will not be in the future.